Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Bowen Barrett - 11 Months Old!

I can't believe I am counting down the days to Bowen's 1st birthday. It does not seem like a year ago when we were still waiting to meet this little guy. I feel like he has been a part of me, and my family, forever. He steals my heart a little more everyday. You just can't help but smile when you see him... Even at 3 (and 4 and 5) in the morning. Trust me. I am so lucky to be his mommy, and Crockett's. I couldn't have been blessed with two sweeter, happier boys. They make each day better than the day before. This year has been AMAZING.




Bowen Barrett, you are 11 months old and such a big boy! Luckily, for me anyways, you have stopped growing so quickly. You now weigh 22.11 lbs, wearing size 4 diapers and size 12-18 or 18-24 clothes. I think you are in a size 4 shoe, but you have only worn shoes a handful of times, so that is a guesstimate :) They are so difficult to get on and stay on! You are into EVERYTHING! ALL OVER THE PLACE! You know the kitchen inside and out. You love taunting me with Saydi's food and water. The more I tell you NO!, the more you reach for it. It is a game you LOVE playing. You get this mischievous look in your eyes... I think you get that from your daddy! You love emptying out drawers. And Crockett's toy cabinets. You LOVE your big brother and his room is your favorite place to be. You will stay in there for hours, even when he isn't there. He loves you too. He is such a great big brother and takes care of you and worries when you are upset. You are so lucky to have someone that will be such a great friend! You love to play outside and I really need to get your swing up. You always go right toward the balls. Maybe you will be our athlete :) You love to eat real food. You just eat whatever we are having these days: pork chops, green beans, salisbury steaks, blueberries, barbecue, watermelon, potatoes, anything as long as it isn't baby food. You eat SO MUCH BETTER than Crockett. Thank goodness. Hope that continues. You still are a terrible sleeper. I have been letting you cry some, only because I am just so tired. But you still wake up about every 3 or 4 hours. You nap twice a day, about 9:30 and 2. I love how you get the biggest grin on your face when you see me walk into your room. My heart smiles. You are so happy and talkative. You don't cry very often at all, but lately you whine and I am thinking you are about to get a new tooth. I love my sweet, cuddly, happy, bright-eyed Bowen Bear SO much and I can't imagine my life without him. We have truly been blessed  beyond measure and I will treasure the last few weeks with my 'baby'.

No comments: