Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Thanksgiving...






Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving... where do I begin?!? We haven't been to my mom's for Thanksgiving in I don't even know how long, so to say I was excited would be an understatment! So I had us all packed and ready to go see the family, meet baby Quin, see my Uncle Tim and Aunt Darla and cousin Meredith. We woke up on Thursday morning and first thing, Crockett puked. Ugh. I could tell he was congested and it was just clear (TMI, I know...) so I didn't really think anything about it. I made sure to pack the Dimetapp for that night. We finally hit the road about 9:30. Crockett was in a good mood and was happy as long as he had his juice! He fell asleep for a little while and woke up somewhere around Guthrie... and puked again.... Ugh. It was the apple juice. Although we were slightly alarmed and wondered if we should turn around, we just decided it was the car and the juice. The rest of the trip was a bit stinky, but we made it without any more incidents.

Once we arrived at my mom's, we were so excited to see everyone! Rachy and Braidy met us at the door and Crockett was so happy to see them! Dinner was almost ready as soon as we got there so we went to clean up a bit and wash the nastiness off of us. Crockett and I were walking to the table to sit down when it happened AGAIN! It was at this point obvious that it was not the congestion, nor the juice. We banished ourselves to the back bedroom and called the Dr. (whom we have on speed dial) and told everyone else to go ahead and eat without us. Crockett did not feel good and it was just downhill from that point on. We managed to get him some medicine, but before Chris left to go get it, Rach walked in the room, pale and sick. She had just puked too. Chris and I took turns eating, and while the food was delicious, the meal had just lost its luster.

Once Crockett and Rachy got some medicine in them, they felt lots better, but we decided to get a hotel room just in case. Crockett was in a great mood that night. He drank some juice, at a couple french fries and played until we made him go to bed. The next morning, he seemed better, but we gave him some more medicine just in case. Then we headed to LuLu's to see Braidy and the Lowry's. Aunt Darla, Meredith and I ventured out to do a bit of Black Friday shopping! It was lots of fun and we got some GREAT stuff! When we went back to LuLu's Chris said that Crockett still wasn't feeling great but had not been sick again. So Chris went out with my Uncle Tim for a while and we worked on getting dinner ready. Mom had decided to do dinner at 5:30 and was doing bbq and all the fixins. At about 4, Crockett got sick again... all over me. It was time to go home. Chris and I ate a quick bite with everyone and bathed Crockett and got him in his jammies and headed home.

Once we said our goodbyes, got Saydi from the Curry's house and hit the road, it hit me... For the next 3 hours, I told myself over and over, "Let's just make it home" and that is what I did. As soon as we pulled up to our house and unlocked the door, I ran in and made it to the bathroom just in time. That night, I couldn't sleep in the bed, it was just too hot, so I slept on the cool couch. All night I heard Chris getting up... he was sick. It was awful! So we spent the next couple of days locked in our house, with as little contact with the outside world as possible.

My mom and Rach got sick on Saturday morning, Aunt Darla got sick on Saturday night, and Les's daughter, Marlo's son, Jake got sick on Saturday. Rach had gone to lunch with a friend and her boyfriend on Friday... they got sick too. What a mess!

We are still not sure where Crockett picked up this NASTY virus, but we think it was at Texas Roadhouse in the peanut barrell! I cannot even imagine all the germs in there, nor can I understand why I let him eat some out of there to begin with... we never have before, and we NEVER will again! Consider this fair warning :)

It was definately a memorable Thanksgiving and I think everyone has forgiven our little carrier :) Thankfully none of the Curry's got this bug, although Braidy was running a fever and had a throat infection on Friday, but I would have died if Monica or baby Quin got sick! I hope that one day we will all be able to laugh at what a mess this Thanksgiving turned into... and always remember how thankful we are to be healthy!!

On a happier note, I finally got to meet sweet baby Quin and he was definately the highlight of my Thanksgiving! He is so content and didn't even cry once! He is an awesome cuddler and makes the best baby sounds. He is so precious and was totally worth the wait! I am counting down the days to get to hold him again... although he is going to be a little bigger this time! He is 1 month on Thurs. and weighed 10 lbs 6 oz yesterday! He is going to be a roly poly just like Crockett was! So sweet!! What a lucky Auntie I am!!!

No comments: