Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Reload and Reboot

A couple of weeks ago, as I innocently logged onto our computer to list some baby clothes on Craigslist, I got an ominous message... something about a "Fatal Error". I quickly turned the computer off, as if maybe, just maybe I could pretend I didn't see it and it would just go away. As I waited for the computer to reboot, I began freaking out in my mind about the THOUSANDS of pictures stored on my computer. Precious pictures, millions of memories and milestones. I ran around the house frantically looking for a cd or flash drive to save the more recent pictures on. No such luck. The computer was dead. Fatal error, indeed. Luckily, many of my pictures are saved on Shutterfly, but the process is so time-consuming, so many of them had not been backed up yet. I am thankful for this blog, because most of the memories and milestones have been blogged about. So although some pictures might be lost, the most important ones are forever accounted for. So, yesterday we went and bought a new computer and as I type this, I am reloading all the pictures I have on my camera, which I will back up... Atleast once. This is my attempt to reload and reboot.

No comments: