Monday, July 9, 2012

HE'S HERE!!!!!

Our newest little man FINALLY arrived! Bowen Barrett Stone made his much-anticipated debut on June 14, 2012 at 12:07 p.m. He weighed 7lbs and was 20.5 in. After what feels like months of thinking he could come any day, we finally scheduled an induction. It was completely different from Crockett's arrival, but it was so nice to have everything planned and accounted for. On that Thursday morning, we woke up at 4 and called the hospital at 5. Lulu came over to wait for Crockett to wake up, but he woke up at about 5:20, so they played ALL morning. When it was time for Chris and I to leave, I told Crockett that we had to go and he said, "Can I come momma?" It just broke my heart to tell him no and leave him there. After a few tears and many hugs, we had to go. Chris and I made it to the hospital at 6. Everything went so smoothly and I was blessed with the BEST labor nurse and dr. Bowen was the sweetest baby right from the start. He cried as soon as he was born, and then just took everything in the rest of the day. I was so lucky to have Chris and my mom by my side. Chris was the BEST, I couldn't have asked for a more supportive, loving husband. It was such a special moment for us. It was so special to have my mom in there too. Very emotional for both of us. Mon brought Crockett up to the hospital soon after Bowen arrived. He was smitten right from the start. He even got a special present from Baby Bowen! Bowen gave him a t-shirt that has bulldozers and tractors on it and a "I want to be a bulldozer driver" video. Crockett thought that was very COOL!! Crockett had a hard time leaving momma, and daddy eventually had to spend the night with Crockett while mommy stayed with Bowen, but that was ok. We had two precious boys to take care of now! Bowen and I had to spend two nights in the hospital. I had little or no amniotic fluid, so they did a blood culture on Bowen which required a 48 hour stay. Luckily, he was ok. He had a couple other little breathing episodes in the hospital, which scared his momma to death, but he was ok and has been great since he came home. We were blessed by several special visitors while we were there. We are so lucky to have so many wonderful people in our lives!
We are so glad that our sweet Bowen Barrett is here. What joy he has already brought to our lives! I cannot wait to watch this sweet baby boy grow!

No comments: