Thursday, July 19, 2012

Bowen Barrett - 1 Month Old

WOW. The last month has FLOWN by! As I look at my sweet, sleeping baby right now, I cannot believe how much he has grown since he was born. He weighed 7 lbs at birth and when we weighed on Tuesday, July 17, and Bowen weighed 9.15! Almost 10 lbs! He is gaining about 1 lb a week... obviously, he eats A LOT :) I have cut out dairy from my diet and it has helped TONS. He is so alert and awake and just has such a sweet, calm spirit. He looks so much like big brother, but is totally his own person. I can't wait to see how he looks next month... they change so quickly! He sleeps better than his big brother did, but momma is not getting very much sleep. You forget how difficult the first month is! Thank goodness :) He is still wearing a few newborn onesies, but has pretty much grown out of everything else "Newborn". I am loving having my two boys here and I can't get enough snuggles from them both! Crockett loves his baby brother too! He has done so good and just wants to hug and kiss him all the time. With one exception, Crockett picked Bowen up and was bringing him to momma :), Crockett has done so good following rules and being very gentle. It has been a crazy month, but we have all adjusted very well. Happy 1 month Birthday, Bowen Barrett!

1 comment:

Monica Curry said...

I sure do love every minute I get to spend with this little chunk! That first month was SO sweet! Love you, B!