Monday, July 25, 2011

School's Out for Summer... AGAIN!






After a couple of weeks at home with not too much to do, I made a last minute decision to enroll Crockett in FBC CDO for their 6 week summer program. Since they were SO full, Crockett and I became a package deal, and I got to teach as well. It was quite the experience! Crockett was so blessed to have Mrs. Lydia and Mrs. Lindsey for his Kangaroo teachers... may I just say that they were INCREDIBLE! Lydia was one of his teachers in the Spring and Lindsey will be one of his teachers in the Fall. He even got to go to chapel with the big kids this summer, which I was excited about. I was a teacher for the Koalas :), or about 8 almost two year olds. It was wonderful and very challenging all at the same time, and I have a completely new respect for each and every teacher out there!

Since it was a short summer session, it was a little less casual and a LOT MORE FUN!!Each Thursday we had a special fun day! Some were a little more fun than others :) But the children all had a great time, which was the most important thing! I am so glad that Crockett and I were able to be a part of FBC CDO this summer! I think we both made some great friends and had a BLAST becoming a part of something so special.

No comments: