Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Happy Birthday, Chris!!

Crockett's first day of school just so happened to fall on Chris' birthday! I am about 9 months older than Chris, but for some reason he seems to be much more sensitive about his age :) I think things just seem to keep getting better, and age is just a number.... although, I may not feel the same way in a couple years! This year I surprised (kind of) Chris with front-row tickets to see Don Williams. You may or may not know who he is, and I didn't before I married Chris, but we are BIG fans. So on the night before his actual birthday, we had a date night. We showed up with the rest of the over-70 population for the concert! We were both dying laughing :) We did end up seeing a few younger people, and really, Chris is kind of an old soul anyways, so we fit in just fine. Don Williams was AMAZING! We both loved every second of it.... nothing but great songs. One of the best, most simple, only-about-the-music, concerts I have ever been to. It was a really wonderful way to celebrate my love. 

The next day, September 3rd, we had the Curry's and Lewis' over for a birthday feast! I cooked chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes and Mon brought a delicious squash casseroles! It was delicious! Chris got his favorite meal and then we had a bundt cake and ice cream. Yum! Thank goodness this only happens once a year. I am not sure our waistlines could handle it more than that :) It was totally worth it, though, and I wouldn't have it any other way for my favorite cowboy! I hope this year is your (our) best yet! I love you more than I can ever say. You have blessed my life in ways I never imagined. You are the only person I can imagine growing old with, and I look foward to celebrating many, many more birthdays with you!


No comments: