Thursday, June 24, 2010

WICKED!!


We had been waiting for this weekend to get here since Christmas!! Rach is such a great gift giver; last year it was tickets to Brad Paisley and this year it was tickets to see WICKED in Dallas! YAY! Wicked is my FAVORITE play and I could see it over and over and over... plus, I think we all needed a little girl time! My mom and Monica came and picked me up on Friday and we drove on to Dallas. It was a little difficult to leave since I have only left Crockett for 1 night - EVER - but I was thankful for the break and VERY thankful to Chris and Elwanda for taking such wonderful care of him. I bet he didn't even miss me (not really) :) We went to Rachy's new apartment where she was cooking us a delicious dinner of chicken, sweet potatoes with rosemary, asparagus and a yummy cookie pizza for dessert. It was so good! We also made it to my new FAVORITE place - Nordstrom's The Rack - before we headed to the hotel. I love that place. They have everything... good thing I don't live close to it. On Saturday we got ready, shopped a little, ate lunch at La Madeleine and went on to the show! It was SO good! The story, the music (oh, how I love the music!), the orchestra... WONDERFUL! We had dinner at Mi Cocina and by about 8:00 p.m. we were ready for bed... But it had been a busy, hot, fantastic day! Since Sunday was Father's Day, we got an early start, which was even earlier due to the fire alarm, luckily a FALSE alarm in the kitchen, and had breakfast at Cafe Brazil and mom, Mon and I hit the road. We had such a good time and really hope to make it an annual event. Thanks Rachy for such an AWESOME Christmas and Birthday gift. We are all so lucky to have each other :)

No comments: