Monday, June 10, 2013


We were so excited to tag along with the Curry's to Ruidoso for John's baseball tournament! It has been SO long since we have gone anywhere and there is nothing better than a little mountain air! We left on Friday after everyone got out of school and just in time to make it to Tatum, NM for dinner. Little did we know, there was a small restaurant that has the BEST steakfingers EVER. We all ate until our little (or big) bellies couldn't handle anymore. They were delicious! My two boys both ate them, which is a small miracle :) After dinner, we got back in the car and continued on our way. It was pretty uneventful with the exception of Bowen's screams. In his defense, he made it most of the way before he started crying, but we were DEFINITELY ready to get out of the car when we got there! We got to stay in a SUPER NICE condo, thanks to Uncle Ryan. After we got everyone in their jammies and situated in their rooms and after a quick trip to WalMart, it was bedtime. It had been a long day. On Saturday morning, we got up to go watch John play. They had 2 games, and we left with the intention of seeing both, however, with a small detour, the game starting 20 minutes early and ending with the run rule, we missed the first game. We did get to watch the 2nd. The guys all played really well. John had an awesome hit and it was a lot of fun to watch them. After the game was over and some lunch, we were all EXCITED to go to White Sands. Monica and I had really talked it up and have some great memories from our childhood and we were hoping our families would get to experience the same fun time. So, after a hour in the car to get there, we get out, and although beautiful, it was HOT as the dickens. I mean 100 degrees hot. Chris gives me a hard time because I was not expecting the heat, but I wasn't. He always says, "Jess, it is in the middle of the desert." But still, I wasn't expecting 100 degree heat. We all walked up the sand dunes with our saucers, hoping to have some fun sliding. The boys all got in their saucers and went... NOWHERE. The saucers didn't budge. Chris was sure we were just in the wrong spot. So we moved. Nothing. We put grease (that Chris had in his pickup) on the bottom of the saucers. Nothing. The guys were not impressed. AT ALL. It was a HUGE disappointment to all of us. Monica and I most of all. We used to have so much fun there... Oh well. We did get some cute pictures and some super yummy pistachios on the way back :) We were all exhausted when we got home. The boys took a bath in the humongous bathtub and we had pizza and went to sleep. It had been a long day. The next morning we got up and went out for some yummy breakfast. Then it was on to one more baseball game. John's team was on FIRE! They played so good! Bowen was ready to fall asleep after the first game, so we decided to head home right after that. Have to take advantage of nap time! We had such a great time watching John and hanging out with the Curry's. We are sure blessed to have family like them!

No comments: