Thursday, July 30, 2009

A New Pair of Shoes!!






As some of you know, and some of you do not know, in my former life (aka college :) I was all about the fashion. Shoes, handbags, clothes, hats, jewlery... you name it, I loved it. It was one of my passions. I walked to class everyday in my stilletos, dressed for work, ready for anything; it was just a part of who I was. Well, fast forward about five years and I am a happily married, mother of one, living in the small town of Holliday. My daily routine consists of taking care of a precious little baby, getting spit up on constantly, changing diapers, doing laundry, dishes, cooking and whatever else in between. Although I absolutely LOVE what I am doing and where I am today, I occasionally long for that person I used to be, who I seem to have completely lost along the way. I always knew I was a big city girl, with big city dreams. But when I met Chris, those dreams took a different path and led me to become a small town girl who just wanted to be close to the man she loved.

Well, my sweet husband and I were discussing this not too long ago... just the people we used to be. How far we have come. How our priorities have completely changed. Somehow I mentioned the fact that I always told my friends at Mullin Hoard & Brown (the law firm I worked at in college) that I would never get married until I had purchased my very own pair of MANOLO BLAHNIKS. I LOVE these shoes. I have coffee table books with his drawings, the pictures used to be hung proudly in my room... These shoes are art for your feet!
A couple of weeks ago, Chris told me that he had a surprise for me. So when Crockett and I got home from the Dr. office yesterday, Crockett was asleep in his carseat. Chris told me that I should put him in bed. I went to his room to get it ready for him, but there was a BIG lump in his crib... I took off the blanket and laying under it was a box from Neiman Marcus! I was completely surprised and took it to the kitchen to ask him what it was all about.... I continued to open it and inside the NM box was THE box... MANOLO BLAHNIK! I was shocked... a little teary that my sweet husband would do something like that for me. They are beautiful and I can't decide if I want to wear them or just look at them :) No, I think I will wear them. My life is definately more full than it would have been if I had not found Chris. I am such a lucky girl to have a man that I love and my 1st pair of Manolos! Thanks, baby XOXO

3 comments:

Monica Curry said...

OH MY GOSH...those are SO cute!!! I am jealous. ALthough I am not a shoe person in the least, those are HOTHOTHOT!!! Good job Christopher! You done good! I can't wait to see you wear these..i'd be a nervous wreck! ha

TiffanyNorris said...

What a sweetheart! That is soooo thoughtful! Enjoy them!!

Unknown said...

Are you kidding me? Does Chris have a dad/uncle/brother/friend who needs a new wife or something? He must have learned to be that sweet from someone special! I LOVE those shoes! Way to go Chris. And Jess - you'll wear them soooooo well!