Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes!

Well January 2011 has come... and gone... in the blink of an eye. It is the understatement of the year to say that we have been busy and undergoing a few changes lately... so a bit of an update:

- We listed our house and sold it in the same week (had 3 lookers, to be exact). Although the selling process was not without a few hiccups and a bit of anxiety, we were very happy and relieved to sell it so quickly. I had a hard time leaving it... It was the home I was proposed to in, where we made our home after we got married, the house we brought our baby home to... some major milestones, not to mention the blood, sweat and tears that we put into it, but it was a good thing and we are thankful it is not still sitting on the market.
- We packed up the house and moved about 275 miles southwest to Midland, TX! Our very small apartment is not exactly what we had in mind (we rented sight-unseen and will not EVER do it again :) but we can do it for a year... especially if it goes as fast as this month has!
- Chris was offered a job by Halliburton and his offical starting date was January 5, 2011. It has definately been a huge change for both of us, but it was an opportunity he had been waiting for. The hours have been difficult for him and Crockett and I have been hanging out A LOT!! But overall it was such a blessing and really an answer to many of our prayers. We knew it was going to be an adjustment, but it is totally worth it!
- Crockett has started a new Children's Day Out program at First Baptist in Midland. He seems to like it a lot and brings home lots of pictures for me :) I am about to start substituting there too, so that will be fun. I have also started playing in a tennis league... Have only played once... dang weather is not cooperating!... but really enjoyed it and met some great people.

Overall, I think we all like Midland. It is not home and I still get very homesick... not for the house as much as our friends and family, but I know this is the best thing for my family. We are slowly, but surely, getting our house decorated and furnished. I got to buy a new couch and entertainment center, so that was very exciting for me! I think the best thing about this move is the bond that Chris and I have developed. We are stronger than ever and we have really learned to depend on one another and make the best of the time we do get to spend together.

We are really excited about the direction God has taken us and we look forward to learning what else he has in store for us this year!!

2 comments:

valbrown said...

Congrats on the big move Jess! I hope I'll be able to come and visit soon <3

Kyle and Amber said...

Sounds like good things are happening in the Stone fam.! I have several family members in Midland, so let me know if you need some friendly faces!