Friday, September 25, 2009

Oklahoma is O.K.!






Last weekend my mom and I decided it was time to take a little trip to Weatherford, OK, one of my favorite places. Crockett needed to go see his Uncle Tim, Aunt Darla, Meredith and Kathryn and meet my Papo's dear friend, Sheila (who is now MY dear friend) and it has been two years since my sweet Papo went to Heaven (Sept. 17)... basically, it was just the right time to go for a little visit. We drove up on Sat. a.m. and Crockett slept the WHOLE way, which NEVER happens!! So I was really proud of him! First, we stopped by the cemetary to spend a few minutes. I always go back there when we visit... it is such a peaceful place. After that we went to the museum to visit Sheila, where she volunteers, and she was just thrilled to meet C! We took pictures on the rocking buffalo and caught up. She is such a sweet lady and is so special to me. Then, after a little shoe therapy, we went back to the Lowry's for a delish dinner of steaks (cooked perfectly by Mere), lots of fresh veggies and the yummiest strawberry cake! It was SO GOOD :) It was such a fun night hanging out with family, watching the TTU v UT game (which was surprisingly good :), playing with the baby... We all had so much fun and are so thankful for our family. Weatherford is such a special place for me... I have so many wonderful, special memories there. I am glad we were able to take Crockett and introduce him to some special people there. I know he will love to go play on the farm with his Uncle Tim when he gets older... just like I did.... And still do.
When we got back to our house on Sun. evening, LuLu stayed one more night with us. I really wanted (no, was CRAVING) more strawberry cake, so we made one :) While I was not watching, LuLu gave Crockett his first beater with strawberry cake mix on it! Needless to say, he LOVED it. When he had almost all of the mix licked up, I took the beater from him... he SCREAMED.... it was dramatic.... I mean nothing came out of his mouth for about 30 seconds, but his mouth turned blue and his face was red. He was NOT happy! I think she created a monster :) It was pretty funny! He was SO mad at me!!! We loved having our LuLu here. I am so glad she got to see how much fun Crockett is becoming. It is hard not living closer, but I treasure the days when she is here! It was a great weekend! Can't wait to do it again!!

5 comments:

Monica Curry said...

I think LuLu likes creating monsters! I am surprised Crockett didn't get ICE CREAM! Personally, I think cake batter is better than ice cream. I so wish we could have come to OK...next time I'm there...maybe a weekday trip!? Love ya'll!

TiffanyNorris said...

He is growing so quick and has the sweetest little face. What a fun trip! Thanks so much for your sweet comments-they meant so much!

Brooke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brooke said...

I nominate you for the Kreativ Blogger award!

Monica said...

He's so cute Jessica!