Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Still waiting.....

I am officially 37 weeks pregnant as of March 8, which means that Crockett could come any day now and be perfectly fine! We went to the Dr. on Monday and had our 1st BPP. He was "graded" on 4 different things (breathing for 30 seconds, 4 movements, amniotic fluid level and muscle tone) and given 30 minutes to complete all of these tasks. He completed each one and was given 2 points per tasks, so he scored an 8 (A PERFECT SCORE)! We were very proud of him :) And quite relieved too!

We then saw Dr. Winfrey. She said that everything looked really good and there had not been much change in me since the last week. I was kind of hoping there had been some change, but Crockett is not quite ready yet and needs to continue to grow a bit more. So now we will continue to wait.... or go back to the Dr. next Tues. Whichever happens first!

Our good friends, Josh and Brandi Luig are also playing the waiting game. She is due March 16, but her little one (and Crockett's running buddy, Cade :) is not quite ready either. She has been slightly dilated since week 37 with no change. Her doctor has now planned to induce on March 18 if nothing happens before then! We cannot wait to meet Crockett's little playmate!

This is such an exciting time! We have everything ready to go... the car seat is in the car, bags are packed, all Crockett's clothes are washed.... so now we will wait!!

On a different note, I just wanted to say HAPPY 8 MONTH BIRTHDAY to BRAIDY!! I can't believe it has been 8 months since he blessed all of our lives with his presence! He is growing so fast and just becoming such a sweet, entertaining little boy. Crockett will be lucky to have an older cousin like him!!! We love you, Braidy

3 comments:

Brooke said...

We are so excited to meet Crockett! I know its hard waiting but he’ll be here before you know it. I’m also very excited that Blake and Crockett will be in the same class! Little Holliday buddies. =) And yes, it’s almost scary how much Blake looks like his daddy. Let me know if there is anything that you need or anything we can do for you guys! O and tell Crockett we’re proud of him for his PERFECT score!

Mike Tilley said...

Jess,
I can only imagine how excited you and Chris must be! It seems not that long ago I was in Lubbock holding YOU when you were 4 days old. I look forward to holding Crockett as well and hopefully soon after he arrives. Keep me posted. I'm so happy and excited for you both!

Love you!

Uncle Mike

Emily said...

We are so excited for you. I loved the "waiting game". What a thrill. I can't wait to see pictures of the little cowboy himself. He will be so adorable. Holler at me when you come to Lubbock so we can come and hold him!