Friday, September 25, 2009
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Oh my goodness!!! I cannot believe half a year has passed since Crockett Christopher turned our world upside down (In the best way possible!). Chris and I could not be more in love with our little man, and that love just grows each day. It seems like everyday he just a little more boy than baby.... which makes me a little sad, but I just LOVE this stage.
- You roll over all the time... it is getting harder and harder to change diapers and get you dressed!
- You grab at EVERYTHING! Nothing is safe, and most of it goes straight into the mouth!
- You have your two front bottom teeth! They grow a little bit everyday... but I still can't quite get a picture of them.
- We started food on Sept. 23. Your first veggie was sweet potatoes, which I think you liked because you kept wanting bites, but you gagged after each one... SO funny!
- It is my fault, but you are sleeping with mommy and daddy. We will break this habit soon, but there is nothing better than snuggling with you after a long day. This must end soon...
- You are wearing mostly 6 month clothes, but some are starting to get a little snug.
- You weighed 18 lbs 11 oz (60th percentile) and are 26.5 in (55th percentile) at your last Dr. appt
- You got sick for the 1st time with baby bronchitis... it was awful. Mommy and Daddy were so worried about you!
- You can't crawl yet, but you get your feet under you and want to go REALLY bad!! You can move backwards... I guess this is God's way of warning me :)
- You are VERY talkative and sociable and smiley, as long as you are familiar with those around you... It seems you might be a little shy around strangers (and that is ok with me!)
- Saydi is your favorite "person" in the house! She makes you laugh and laugh even if you are upset at the moment... sometimes she is the only one that can make you stop crying!
- You are sitting up by yourself for small increments of time. You can't get into the sit-up position by yourself yet, but you sure want to!
These are just a few of the wonderful things you are doing at 6 months! You are so much fun to watch... it is really amazing seeing how far you have come since you were an itty-bitty newborn! I know the next few months will go by so quickly, and in case I forget to tell you, these 6 months have been the BEST days of our lives. God blessed us so greatly when he gave you to us.... I stand in awe everyday. You are a precious boy and we can't wait to see all the ways you will grow in the next 6 months. Happy 6 month birthday, my sweet little boy!